Monday, April 23, 2007

Camila Gabrielle

She was named after my mother, her lola Mila. The "Gabrielle" is a consuelo de bobo to me the father. I really wanted to name our second kid "Gibraltar", as in the Rock of Gibraltar. But alas, instead of a son, we got a daughter. We named her Camila Gabrielle.

Sometimes, we feel guilty that our attention is often consumed by our son Roan and we hardly get to play with Camille. Still, you cannot but adore her. She is now a year and 4 months old, quick to her feet, generous with her bedimpled smile, and already showing some attitude, like shrieking to get your attention or to rush you to get things, like water or milk or whatever.

What can I say, we were twice blessed with beautiful kids. Our task now is to provide for their needs, and to shepherd them into the ways of the good and honest. May God help us. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute. :) I'm expecting to be an Auntie soon to my sister's future baby. I can't wait to be a great Aunt to her, lol.

Mariuca said...

That's a very pretty name! You sound like a very doting dad :)

Anonymous said...

God send us our children and sends us, too, the blessings to be able to be good parents. It's obvious that you and your wife recognize and use those blessings well for your children. You are indeed blessed a hundredfold!