Friday, May 11, 2007

A Wedding in the Family

I went home to Bohol last weekend to attend the wedding of my sister Ynelle to Al, her bf for a few years now. The wedding was held at the St. Isidore Parish Church, a church which our father helped renovate. The mass and the marriage ceremony was con-celebrated by 5 priests including 2 who were close friends of ours. Relatives, friends, and acquaintances were there to witness the ceremony.

For once, there was no crying. I guess people felt Ynelle and Al are a perfect match. As mentioned in the homily, theirs is a "spiritual" love story. They first met in a bible sharing session and their relationship was nurtured by my sister's continuing service as a lector in church while Al worked as a seaman abroad. In fact, most of the marriage preparations were done with the help of fellow church workers, who like us, wish and pray for blessed married life to the two of them.

Funny thing. I, the younger brother, both in age and actual maturity, had to stand as "parent" in place of our father who passed away two years ago. It would have been funnier had our mother, still recovering from a stroke she had also two years go, agreed to "walk" the aisle with my sister on her new shiny wheelchair. That would been dramatic.

Despite my "ceremonial" role, I still found time to take some pictures of the event. It was another chance for me to practice my digital photography skills. Using Sony Cybershot, that is. You can see the pics at Flickr. Please feel free to comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

attending weddings has become my time to reflect and remember the time when I exchanged vows with my wife, a good exercise...

Mariuca said...

Lovely picture, congrats to your sister :)

Anonymous said...

I miss attending weddings like this...

I miss the Philippines =(

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister and her husband. Lovely photo.

I haven't been to a wedding in a while (maybe 2 years now). I prefer the small, intimate ones for close friends and family instead of the huge shindigs.