Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Whiterock in Subic

I first got to visit Whiterock some ten years ago. All I could remember was that the sea there was calm, in fact so calm that you'd think it was a lake. Last week, I got to visit the hotel and resort again and found that my recollection was correct. I guess that is what makes bathing at Whiterock different, a very calming experience.

Whiterock Hotel and Resort is located at Barangay Matain, Subic, Zambales. It is about 2 to 3 hours drive from Manila, and a mere eight minutes ride away from the SBMA. It offers a whole range of recreational facilities including the "calm" beach, swimming pools, outdoor sports facilities like badminton, volleyball and an obstacle course, a mini-golf drive and putting range, a kiddie park, hammocks, and indoor facilities like billiards, table tennis and videoke facilities.

It was so hot last week and our schedule (it was a team-building seminar for us) was hectic. Still, I found the place very enjoyable. I look forward to returning. Hopefully within the next 10 years. :)

1 comments:

M said...

Thanks for the great info. Just when we were scouting around for a quick getaway for our youngest daughter's bday at the end of the month. I hope it doesn't rain!